What it Takes to be One of the Fastest Woman in the World
Sport activities, no matter what nature, are always a great way to pump up the energy. Research shows that children who are more involved with sports activities are more likely to beat corpulence than the tykes who stay indoors most of the time. For this article, we have chosen one of America’s greatest Olymics stars, Wilma Rudolph. For those who are not aware, Wilma Glodean Rudolph was one of the top American track and field sprinter,. She is usually known as the fastest woman in the 60’s. Here are some of her most inspiring quotes:
- Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.
- When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.
- Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.
- The triumph can’t be had without the struggle.
- I ran and ran and ran every day, and I acquired this sense of determination, this sense of spirit that I would never, never give up, no matter what else happened.
- My doctor told me I would never walk again. My mother told me I would. I believed my mother.
Sometimes it takes years to really grasp what has happened to your life.
- The feeling of accomplishment welled up inside of me, three Olympic gold medals. I knew that was something nobody could ever take away from me, ever.
- When you come from a large, wonderful family, there’s always a way to achieve your goals.
- It doesn’t matter what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s all a matter of discipline. I was determined to discover what life held for me beyond the inner-city streets.
- Believe me, the reward is not so great without the struggle.